littlegreendot

Google
 

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No printing

So this is my third week back at work and I just realized that so far I haven't printed a single page. Not one. Admittedly I've only been in the office a grand total of six days but still, I think it's pretty good going. If I think about all the long and involved Powerpoint decks I used to crank out by the pound I would really kick myself.

It hasn't been easy. There's something about reading page after page of complicated charts on a screen that tends to make the eyes boggle (funny how when I'm reading the results of my Google search for organic levis and loomstate jeans I don't encounter the same problem), especially after a night of the Dot-special - her 'four wake-ups combined with partying at 2am on a mummy work night' medley. I do also find I have to concentrate harder for things to sink in, and it's annoying not to be able to scribble all over the margins.

But I'm determined. And on Thursday I'm going to be speaking to the CEO about encouraging my colleagues to do the same. I thought we could introduce page quotas limiting us all to a set number of sheets a week or something, and offer a prize to the department that cuts its paper output the most in a week/month.

Yeah, and then maybe we could have a bake-off followed by sitting in a circle singing Kumbayah.

Well, I can dream.

And what do you mean I'm turning into David Brent?

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM , Blogger From Hobos to Hobnobs said...

cake walks are all the rage you know!!?>!?! keep it up girlfriend. we need to talk. I am trying to get a job working for a comms agency helping them set up a CSR comms division....:)))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home